Weequahic Lake Fishing

Monday, March 14, 2011

March Fishing New Jersey

Man, this is the second year in which I missed the run. I don't know whether it is because I'm too lazy or too ambitious. Last year, a veteran fisher out of Newark New Jersey was fishing the run offs in this lake and he shared with me that as soon as the ice begins to melt and the temperature breaks, fishing becomes hot. And I believed him. Well, he did have pictures, pictures of some big bucket mouths. So I purposed that next year I would not miss it. Fast forward to the end of February when the ice began to melt around the run offs, I fished it several times with no avail. And then the first few days in March, I fished them with no avail, and then, frustrated I stopped. And then on Friday this past week, the 11th I saw him again after one week of not fishing. And this veteran said again, "Man you missed it."   I'm mad and frustrated. lol. One week off and no prize to show. At least I know that they are there.